Input Method Development

dda dda at sungnyemun.org
Wed Feb 6 17:28:35 CET 2008

I'll have a look, thanks for that. Including Korean into an xml file
won't be easy as the Korean script is a little more complex to
implement than the Latin one. Let's take Sébastien's example:
"tpqktmxldkd" to get "세바스티앙".

When you type "tp" ypu get 세 but when you add q [tpq] you get 셉, not
세ㅂ. Only if and when you type k [tpqk] does the letter ㅂ goes away
from 셉 to form a syllable with k/ㅏ. Basycally you have the following:
t --> ㅅ
tp -> 세
tpq -> 셉
tpqk -> 세바
tpqkt -> 세밧
etc...
And it can get trickier.

Also, although a qwerty kbd might be a start [as the Korean keyboard
is overlaid on top of qwerty anyway], I was also thinking of a smaller
keyboard, àla mobile phone kbd -- some of the keyboards available on
Korean phones are quite astute, and require fewer keys.

Anyway, I'll have a look and see what can be done.

Cheers,

--
dda