Appearance of Neo FreeRunner (Was: Re: Wiki - confusion)

alan at rotorgraphics.com alan at rotorgraphics.com
Thu Feb 7 01:41:37 CET 2008

The specs I saw were not in the Wiki.  They were at:

Quote:
Additional Neo FreeRunner specs include:
Processor -- Samsung S3C2442 500MHz
RAM -- 128MB
Flash -- 256MB
Display -- 4.3-inch diagonal 640 x 480 VGA Color TFT LCD
Graphics -- SMedia 3362-based 3D graphics acceleration
Accelerometers -- 2 x 3D accelerometers
Audio -- "high-quality" audio codec
USB -- 1 x version 1.1
Cellular -- 2.5G tri-band GPRS/GSM (900MHz or 850MHz)
WiFi -- 802.11b/g WiFi
Bluetooth -- version 2.0
GPS -- AGPS (assisted global positioning system) receiver

I dunno...making a mistake of 2.8" versus 4.3" is pretty hard to do.
Methinks I shall stay suspicious.

Doing a bit of scratchpad design work, a 4.3 inch diagonal screen would
result in a device of 3"x4" with 1/4" casing margins on the sides and 3/4"
(thumb width) case end margins (ala the iPhone).  If the device was kept to
1/2" in thickness, it still would fit comfortably in a standard clothing
pocket with about 1/2" to 3/4" to spare.  One centimeter thick would be
**uber-sexy**.  If such a handset with an open software stack became
available, I would drop my iPhones in box and mail them back to Steve along
with an impolitely worded note telling him where he can stick them.

To reinterate, moving forward with a 2.8 inch diag. screen at any
resolution in a post iPhone world would be a major mistake in my frequently
disregarded opinion.

Thanks for the hard (and difficult at times) work that you do Michael.

Alan