Input Method Development

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Thu Feb 7 12:36:53 CET 2008

Sébastien Lorquet wrote:

> What I made is reverse engineering. I plan to release it under GPLv3
> to be protected from software patents, will this be useful?
I am not a lawyer and all, but I think the answer is "no". The GPLv3
(nor any other copyright license) can protect you if you infringe on
another's patents. All the GPLv3 does is prevent you from including your
own patents in the code in such a way that will harm the freedom of the
software, or cooperate with someone who will do such.

Shachar