Input Method Development

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:15:30 CET 2008

> this uim has an embedded scheme interpreter... I don't like that too
> much for an embedded device...
> hmm, I have no idea: is it big, slow?
It's apparently used on Linux Zaurus.

> We could adapt the openmoko soft keyboard to interface with uim, and
> if the API is well designed, the IM module could be changed...
I'm not sure adapting to a soft keyboard would be required.  It may
seize key presses & emit appropriate utf-8 key values.  Try installing
it on your desktop & trying it with a few soft keyboards.
> could someone update me on the differences between these kr input
> methods described in the doc?
>
>     * Byeoru
>     * Hangul (2-beol)
>     * Hangul (3-beol)
>     * Hangul (Romaja)

I have no clue. Were you intending this for the mailing list? I'm
assuming so, but only saw this addressed to myself.

> Yeah, I know the patents problem with T9. But what about this one?
What one? uim is open-source, so there aren't patent issues (if that's
your question).