Mono audio output on GTA02?

Ben Burdette bburdette at
Fri Feb 8 22:54:20 CET 2008

I was looking at the GTA02 hardware spec on the wiki, and its looking
(to me) like mono only output.  According to this:

The neo1973 has a stereo LM4857 amplifier, which drives the stereo
speakers, mono earpiece, and (presumably stereo) headphones.  However,
on the freerunner it appears that it has been changed to the LM4853
instead, a mono amplifier.  That implies that the headphone output is
now mono and not stereo.  Unless I'm missing something?