Patents and OpenMoko

Clarke Wixon cwixon at usa.net
Sat Feb 9 01:24:33 CET 2008

Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at ...> writes:

> Yes this is exactly what we want. We want to make the patents we get
> freely available, but also only usable for defensive purposes, forever

Sean,

I am a registered U.S. patent attorney and a member of the California Bar,
and I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area.  And I'm also a part-time OpenMoko
developer and enthusiastic supporter (you'll see my name all over the Bugzilla
bug tracker, for example, but I haven't completed any significant projects of my
own yet).  I have a GTA01 I'm proud to own and work on.

I would be happy to discuss some real-world intellectual property strategies
at your convenience.  I have a good understanding of the U.S. patent system,
how you might be able leverage that (and other approaches) to advance OpenMoko's
specific objectives (not to intimidate others!), and how to best use open-source
licenses.

Anyway, I'll get in touch with you via email and maybe we can set up a meeting
to discuss more concrete goals and strategies.

Regards,
Clarke