proprietary firmware/Rant

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at
Sat Feb 9 18:13:38 CET 2008

la, 2008-02-09 kello 11:42 -0500, Christopher Earl kirjoitti:
> I am concerned with the GTA02, as of right now the wifi Firmware does
> not support monitor
> mode( ).
> I am a Security tester and I *Must* have this function.

I can see how that would be a bummer in your case. Hope Atheros will get
around to it, that part being in the proprietary portion :I

Personally I miss AP mode more for sharing Neo's GPRS connection (or
even a host computer's connection via USB) to wlan clients. But at least
this can probably be worked around with adhoc mode, if a bit less

Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at     - <URL:>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:>
Singularitarian - SIAI supporter - <URL:>