proprietary firmware

Lally Singh lally.singh at
Sun Feb 10 08:31:11 CET 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 4:11 PM, Jeremiah Flerchinger
<jeremiah.flerchinger at> wrote:
> On another note, access to low level GPS functions could be fairly
> interesting.  Imagine gathering data from a local weather station and
> using it to better calculate atmospheric effects and improve accuracy.

I used to hack gps receivers for a company that worked on
ionospheric/atmospheric modeling.  You can usually get the raw data
you want (e.g. ephemeris frames) through a published binary protocol.

I'd look it up right now, but the manufacturer's website only has it
in windows help file format.  Ew.

H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science
Virginia Tech