Power management questions

Ivo Anjo knuckles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:14:01 CET 2008

Hi.

I've been following openmoko for the last few months, and as the
freerunner seems to be closer and closer I have some doubts/ideas
regarding power management:

- When the phone is on standby what happens with the screen? Does the
backlight get turned off? Or does the screen get turned off
completely?

- Will it be possible for apps to control things like cpu speed and
screen on/off? I was thinking that when listening to music the cpu
can't obviously be asleep, but it would help battery life if the clock
speed (and possible other things) were throttled back a little, and
also that the screen could be controlled by the music app so it would
turn off after a while, or at least turn off the backlight.

Thanks,
Ivo Anjo