Bike power (Re: solar power)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 02:57:29 CET 2008

On 11/02/2008, Denis <shulyaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a sort of it on my bike. My dynamo gives 6W @ 12V, which is
> exactly 500mA that Neo needs for fast charging. I use a standard car
> charger and a four transistors-converter to direct current with it. I
> don't have a Neo yet, but my phone does charge.
>
> The problem is you hardly would ride more than an hour per day, and
> the dynamo is heated a lot, I don't think it's good for the trunk.

has anyone ever implemented a regenerative braking generator for a
bike? seems like a good way of using that excess energy that gets
burnt off when i brake, and it won't use precious power when i'm going
uphill/against the wind

my bike and me weigh about 100kg, so even at 5.5m/s (20km/h), the
battery would get a 1500J hit slowing me down to a stop. maybe
smoothing capacitors would be needed