Access Linux Platform SDK released

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Feb 13 11:32:53 CET 2008

Nils Faerber wrote:

> This is not very productive, leads to fragmentation and does not help
> many - only the shareholders of the lucky winner of that fight (and luck
> is meant literally, this is a game of luck or have you seen the better
> one win in recent years? I just way Win.... :)

Not really.
Openmoko has the hands-on imperative. :-)

I can see why openmoko does it's stuff independent.
As a OSS developer, i would like to make the best technology and not
fight over politics with big corporates in any of these committees.
Openmoko is technology driven, and this is good.
Technology shapes products, not comities.

And when a winner, or let's say best way to do things, is declared, i'm
sure all of them would be happily go this one path together.
I'm pretty sure you don't have to toss all your work in the bin to be
compliant with other standards.

Sure, i would rather see more collaboration too. And maybe there is, i
would be surprised if not...

Just my 2 Eurocent.

  Tilman