GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

joerg joerg.twinklephone at gmx.de
Fri Feb 15 02:35:57 CET 2008

Am Fr  15. Februar 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> Still for quite a few embedded tasks I2C or LVTTL UART --
> let's not forget USB OTG 12Mbps host from the mini USB B connector --
> will be enough to make a practical solution though.
Good point! If i need additional GPIO, so what. I got I2C, so i just chain up
some with a dirt cheap chip.
The interfacing of the smart battery in GTA01 shouldn't be a big thing this
way.
Homebrew I2C->GPIO driver, patching GPIO_Bat DEF in src for GTA02 smartbat
driver.

So real issue left for some projects is "which power should i use" (especially
for those devices that don't do their own power-down).

And i wonder whether there will be *good* (near circuit diagram) specs for the
connectors. I.E.:
*-what kind of OverVoltage-Protection (clamp-diodes etc) / HF-blocking /
ground potential..., can i expect behind any external connector.
*-What exactly is the impedance (R, C) of headset out, what are the absolute
maximum ratings (so i may figure out e.g. whether the headset out makes for a
high-quality (HiFi) 1,5V at 10K line out, or should i plan for a 56R load
instead of the standard 10k-50k).
*-USB-host power shortcircuit...? Will it blow my battery or whole NEO up in
smoke? ;-).
*-etc.
For questions like these i'm used to refer to a c.diagram. If they are
answered verbatim somewhere, i'm fine with it.