GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Fri Feb 15 03:45:08 CET 2008

Wolfgang Spraul ??:
> Andy -
>
>> class to expose it so it is generic.  (I don't know for sure if it will
>> ship with such a battery since it is decided in .tw according to
>> availability and so on, but I hope it will.)
>
> Yes, I think we can confirm that every GTA02 will ship with this new
> 'smart' battery.
> There are more steps to go through internally, related to certification,
> some sort of calibration. Tony, do you know more details?
> The cell's capacity will increase slightly to 1250 mAh (before was 1200
> mAh).

The battery cell is 1250mAh for GTA02 coulomb battery cell, and the
coulomb counter setting for battery will around 1200mAh, but not confirm
all parameter from hardware side yet.

The battery was smart battery, and they will learn the charging curve
during each charge. So the mA number on the sticker or on the battery
cell documentation will not that precise during the daily use.

And we change to new coulomb battery, will need re-do some certification
test for FCC/CE. They are proceeding now.

Tony Tu