GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)

Bradley Hook bhook at
Fri Feb 15 21:30:36 CET 2008

How much juice does the display eat up when it's active? I assume it's a
considerable amount. Could we have the ability to drop the phone into a
minimalist mode, where all the "fluff" is disabled but bare-basic
features continue to work?
For example, kill the wifi, GPS, bluetooth, and even the display. If you
are in a crunch and want to extend your phone's call-time capacity, you
could probably deal with approximating a 3 col, 5 row standard phone
keypad on the touch-screen WITHOUT the screen displaying anything.
Maybe it's a silly idea, but I know I find myself stuck all the time in
a situation where I wont be able to get my phone back on a charger like
I had planned to. When it comes down to it, the Neo is a phone first,
and I'd rather have it act as such when I'm in a bind.