OpenMoko and screen size

Pierre Hébert pierrox at pierrox.net
Sun Feb 17 10:43:48 CET 2008

Hello,

I was wondering what was the status of OpenMoko regarding the supported
screen size. Actually GTA01 and GTA02 have both 480x640 resolution, but
other sizes like QVGA seems to be partly supported as well. The GUI
style guide on the wiki refers to sizes as small as 320x240 to 800x600.

I am testing OM on a 240x320 device (Eten G500). The overall result is
not bad, but it has a strange behaviour, as if widgets were
overlapping : tapping on some regions on the screen sometimes seems to
activate other regions (my pointer calibration is ok). Also some apps
are in a very good shape (the dialer), but some are unusable (the media
player).

Does someone experience similar problems on small screen ? What is the
direction of OpenMoko regarding screen size ?

Cheers,

Pierre.