Kill The Clock

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Feb 20 20:17:28 CET 2008

Lon Lentz wrote:

>   Is anyone working on a settings app for being able to make these kinds
> of adjustments through the ui? I would be interested in doing it but
> don't want to duplicate efforts.

I don't think so.
There is SettingsGUI. Which is basically a collection of bad and not so
bad known hacks combined in one  GUI. Written in python.
It's a nice hack, but not a solution. :)

I see two possible solutions.
Either single programs for single subsystems collected in one menu tree.
But this would have horrible startup times. But would be maybe simpler
to implement.

Or like in gnome with capplets. (gnome configuration center applets)
http://developer.gnome.org/arch/desktop/capplets.html

What do you think?

Regards
  Tilman