How Alice and Bob got telephone/SMS spam on their Moko.

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:47:30 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Joseph Booker <joe at neoturbine.net> wrote:
>  Cell phones can be placed on the do-not-call list? It's already illegal
>  for telemarketers to call you on one (since you would be paying for
>  unsolicited advertising).

Well if they are calling, you still need your own defense because they
obviously are getting away with it, for a while at least; or they
don't know that it's a cell.  But in practice I don't really get
telemarketing calls on my cell, and nowadays seldom get them at home.
I have gotten SMS spam though.  I guess there is less that you can do
about that; just blacklist or whitelist, and decide which ones to ring
vs. which ones to just silently preserve in the inbox (or spam
folder).

Obviously if you want a custom voice menu it has to be implemented on
the phone, so people who access that are causing you to pay for some
minutes and are not using your provider's voicemail service.