How Alice and Bob got telephone/SMS spam on their Moko.

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Tue Feb 26 18:21:47 CET 2008

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:

> It is just one idea. I don't know how complicated it would be. (This
> would need the gsm driver to be in the kernel, but I assume it is.)
It is not. *g*

Receiving SMS is something the GSM unit makes almost autonomously.
gsmd (the driver ;) )just reads the messages out if they arrive.

No need to cram this into the kernel. Besides the fact that sms is
something completely different than a network stack with addresses
protocols and so on...

Designing a filter system is no black magic. Beginning with the fact
that it does not have to filter thousands of packets with low latency.
So even a five year old could make a decent filter that would be enough
for filtering sms. ;)

In Germany we have the saying 'shooting sparrows with canons' ;)