compatible sdhc cards for neo1973/om

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 3 06:48:04 CET 2008

Robin Paulson wrote:
> i'm looking forward to using my neo GTA02 as a music player, with a
> large capacity micro
> sd card holding my music. the page of compatible cards looks very out
> of date, for instance the kernel and u-boot versions are pretty old (i
> think). is anybody maintaining this page, has there been any progress
> since it was last edited?
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Supported_microSD_cards

everything that worked with an older version of uboot or the kernel
should still work.
if it does not its a regression and thus a bug.

as you can see SDHC is supported, so basically you should be able to
take nearly every card which fits the phone and your capacity requirements.
there were some problems with some cheap manufactured cards before, but
i cannot recall seeing reports about bad sdhc ones.

but you're right. i want to see some fresh tests with recent versions
also, but we need you all to help us on this since we only have limited
access to all these different cards and brands.
its a wikipage so it lives from collaboration. just edit it. we can only
fix problems which we know of.

kind regards

--

Joachim Steiger