Neo fast charge utility

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Thu Jan 3 11:38:33 CET 2008

Nick Guenther wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 11:57 PM, Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com> wrote:
>> Nick Guenther wrote:
>>> Hijacking a bit:
>>> for the record, all thunder does is write
>>> "fast_cccv" or "closed" to
>>> /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0008/chgmode
>>> depending on what mode you want, and wrap that up in a nice OM GUI.
>>> Any hope for a qtopia version?
>> I can make a script that switches to fast charge mode that will go in
>> the devtools entry.
>>

> Awesome. Can you have "slow charge" and "no charge" (I think that's
> the whole list, right?) options too?

I will see what I can do....

> Where are devtools scripts stored? I tried find(1)ing a bit but
> failed. I was going to ask for a way to get to a terminal in QTopia
> (maybe a port of elsewhere), but if I can write a script and add it to
> devtools at will that might be just as good--better in some ways.

The devtools entry is a special one created at compile time. When you
'make install' Qtopia, .desktop file(s) get read and the information
gets stored in the database, as opposed to being on the filesystem.

There is a semi-ported terminal in the opieII sources. It needs much
work (ie.e compiles but does not run). Or, probably a better option, is
taking the kde konsole sources, and porting them to Qt/Qtopia only. This
is what Trolltech did for the embeddedkonsole in the Qtopia version 1 & 2.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech