noise while making a phone call: hardware or software?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 4 01:10:56 CET 2008

As we all know, during a call with GTA01 noise is heard in the speaker.
I know this has been discussed in the past and I thought someone had
found a soft way to solve this. One of the settings in the mixer was too
high or something like that.

I've been searching for this item but all I can find is bug # 883, which
says it's a hardware issue, interference making its way into the GSM
audio path one way or another.

Does anyone recall any software explanation for this?

Michael