Very basic and fundamental question about the Neo

Tim Niemeyer tim.niemeyer at mastersword.de
Sun Jan 6 23:12:49 CET 2008

Hallo,

* Nicolas Linkert <linkert at fastmail.fm> [06-01-08 20:15]:
> that'd be another important question: Do you think I'd need a GTA02 in
> order to get a fully working battery? I mean I am not really that much
> interested in the additional features of GTA02, so I'd be satisfied with
> GTA01. However, if that  power management issue is handled very
> differently in GTA02 I'd be forced to buy a new device ... Or am I
> thinking along the wrong lines?
I have read some pages from CPU doku and i think there isn't much work
to be done, because main thinks are allready there but they don't have
enough glue.
For the basic things we only need an interface wich could vary the cpu
freq. and set it to SLOW mode. Then a program like cpufreqd or so to
drive this interface.
With this limited power management we could save the most power, i
think.

Tim Niemeyer