does wifi work in GTA01?

Galevsky galevsky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:03:15 CET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 9:03 AM, Phani Kumar Kancharala
<kancharlaphanikumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying use wifi on GTA01. Since I have 2.6.22 kernel  with USB host
> patch, and a USB WiFi driver, I thought it is possible. But, I got stuck
> with the errors occurred during  cross compilation of relink USB WiFi
> driver. I found that CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT is not set in the kernel
> configuration file, which is required to enable the member
> "wireless_handlers" in net_device structure which is defined in netdevice.h
> file.
>
> So, I think having the correct configuration file would solve the problem.
> If it true, where can I get the config file??
> are there any other ways to get WiFi up on GTA01?
>
> Regards,
> Phani

Quoting http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/WiFi_support_in_OpenMoko#OpenMoko_and_WiFi
:

"WiFi support for OpenMoko is in the works. Current Neo1973 GTA01 does
not include a wireless LAN chip, but the upcoming Neo1973 GTA02 is
going to have one: Atheros AR6K 802.11 b/g."

Gal'