Power Management on Neo1973

Maciej Kaniewski maciej.kaniewski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:02:47 CET 2008

Hi,
from openmoko.com shop page :

WARNING: Developers only! Please note that the OpenMoko products are not
meant for the end user and explicitly marked as Developer preview at this
time. Read this wiki
article<http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Developer_preview>to find more
technical details of what you can and cannot expect of these
devices.

... and when you follow the link you can find
What you *CAN NOT* expect yet

   - reliable means of making phone calls, esp. not from the UI
   - reliable means of sending/receiving SMS, esp. not from the UI
   - integrated GPRS data access
   - bluetooth integration (basic bluez driver works)
   - proper power management (i.e. no reasonable battery life yet)
   - ringtone (or other) profile management
   - network preferences (call deflection, manual operator selection,
   ...)
   - a complete application framework where third party application
   developers can write apps that easily integrate with the OpenMoko world

As far as i know you had to agree with that  when you bought the phone

Maciej