Power Management on Neo1973

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 23:02:44 CET 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 2:40 PM, Tim Niemeyer <tim.niemeyer at mastersword.de> wrote:
> with actual battery you need to minimize the power consumption to 10mA for 5h lifetime!

It's supposed to be a 1200mAH battery, so 1200/5 is 240mA, to get a 5
hour lifetime, right?

> When i was GPS logging for OSM (Navit with map input from it's own
> output, was very nice), neo runs easily several hours!

That's more like it.  For me something is definitely wrong then.

> Today, i played a bit with power measurement and standby.

What is your method of measuring the current?  I was thinking of
cutting a strip of thin, double-sided PC board material and sticking
it between one battery contact and the corresponding phone contact,
then connect a current meter between the two planes of that strip.