Community update, January 2, 2008

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:34:24 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

Going back to your previous email first:

>Fortunately we have a watchful community to catch our mistakes as
quickly as possible! Please continue to let me know if we make such
mistakes in the future.

Please understand that I wasn't trying to suggest any mistakes had
been made, I was just after a little clarification. Really I was
hoping that you'd give us some secret extra details ;-)

Your goal of keeping the project running on non
region/religion/cultural time lines is a laudable one, but I'm so
eagerly looking forward to the FreeRunner release that I wanted to
know more!

My employer is looking to eventually purchase a couple of hundred
FreeRunners, and we're all itching to buy a smaller batch for test
purposes. We're not so interested in all the features, and aren't
worried if we're not going to be buying a consumer ready phone
platform; we want to build a tool, and the FreeRunner looks like the
best base for it.

Having said that, I need to write a paper for an upcoming conference
during which I'll be making just that point.

All the best,

Joseph