Zitune zitune at
Fri Jan 11 14:11:46 CET 2008

Effectively the resource must be freely access ...
but it could be a good idea that to protect system file  from a mistake of
the default user.

After all, on our desktop, most of us are single user but very few log on
directly on root account.

On Jan 11, 2008 1:56 PM, Schmidt András <asch at> wrote:

> In my opinion there is nothing that the root account can protect on a
> single user handheld device.
> Phones are normally used single user.
> When an application gets the rights for that user then it can access all
> personal information and all network resources (Wifi, GSM network). What
> else remains? What resource would you protect with the root account?
> SA
> Nick Guenther wrote:
> > On Jan 10, 2008 2:58 PM, Denis <shulyaka at> wrote:
> >
> >> Are user applications and GUI run as root? If yes, is it safe? What is
> >> the root password in OpenMoko, by the way?

"GNU/Linux is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends