Videos and pictures of Neo FreeRunner at CES: (was: Re: community update, Thursday, January 10, 2008)

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:52:21 CET 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 2:17 PM, Nick Guenther <kousue at gmail.com> wrote:
> The comments are.. not so happy. :/

Yeah it didn't make a good impression to show the boot messages, and a
buggy crashing version of the UI.  It really doesn't make sense, in
that the rest of us are getting better results with the software
releases.

> Oh well. We probably have a year to prove this thing to the world
> before it gets crushed and forgotten.

I would hope there is a sexier follow-on product with even more
features.  But I imagine there will be increasing amounts of
competition too.  It's just that at this time, there is no other
readily-available Linux phone which has a touchscreen, 640x480
resolution, and GPS.  Those are the features which got me interested.
(Besides being fully open, of course.)