Videos and pictures of Neo FreeRunner at CES: (was: Re: community update, Thursday, January 10, 2008)

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Sat Jan 12 18:06:28 CET 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 9:34 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Well I guess you just can't please everyone :/

Sure you can - put a switch in the phone's advanced preferences!   :')

Anyway, I have always felt that with a little dress-up, the verbose
startup could become reassuring rather than alarming.   The reason
it's alarming is mostly that it just sits there saying nothing
intelligible to the end-user.   If it said things like "probing for
Atheros ethernet device...   found." or "configuring network..." then
the end user might be less alarmed.   If you don't know any better
though I think it looks too much like a Windows crash, to which old-
timers are too painfully accustomed.