what's not functional?

Mark Arvidson sagacis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:49:00 CET 2008

Hi Tom,

If your usage is for North America, be aware that the Neo as it is offered
now does not include support for the 850MHz band, so you will only be able
to use the 1900MHz in these parts.

The battery life is 3-4 hours, and the phone is best charged turned on and
plugged into a Linux computer's USB port.  My particular device only
recognizes the sim card every other boot and often forgets to tell me if
somebody is calling (they drop straight to voicemail).  Some of this may be
improved with the latest modem flash.

The basic hardware platform seems solid enough (other than power management
issues).  The problems I am seeing seem to be software related, so if the
openmoko software is not required in your application, you might have some
luck.  I have enjoyed writing some small bits of software for openmoko, but
still cannot use it as a primary phone.

Some claim that Qtopia works well on the device.  I haven't tried it
recently enough to comment.
--Mark Arvidson