Is there a Terminal App. for Qtopia?

GoXbox Live goxboxlive at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:42:03 CET 2008

Hi.

At the moment there is no terminal for
Qtopia. I know this is a big lack, but i think it will be one soon (lets
hope).
There is one terminal app that are written for Qtopia it compiles and you
are able to start it, but it freaks out and doesnt do any good. It froze my
system when i tested it on the Qtopia 4.2.x version. If you want to take a
look at it you can check out the OPIE2 source and try to fix it and then i
will add it to my images.

http://projects.linuxtogo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/src/3rdparty/applications/embeddedkonsole/?root=opie

Ok, this was the bad news, now a good one.

A guy named tsdogs from the xanadux team have made a filemanager to Qtopia.
I have installed it and tested it and it runs quite nice. It has the most
basic functions, but miss executing mp3, wave and text files, it execute
scripts and executable programs.
Also another one from #htc-linux named ymerejt has made a alsamixer for
Qtopia, it also runs quite nice. I know that there is another one out there,
but i havent got the sources for it so i havent been able
to implement it to my images.

When the filemanager has support for executing all files i will make a new
image and add qalsamixer and simplefm (filemanager) and upload it.

regard

gxl