CAD files for the case of the Neo will be made available

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Wed Jan 16 09:21:29 CET 2008

Jeremiah -

> Do you know if this model has objects providing dimensions for the
> pcb, screen, battery, & other elements?  It isn't a problem to wait
> & see, if the release will be occurring soon.  I was just curious.
Why would you want dimensions for pcb, screen, battery, etc?

Regarding the format, the original is in Pro/Engineer Assembly (.asm)
and Part (.prt) files. That's probably hard to digest for any FOSS CAD
software.
Besides DXF, any other preference?
Or does anyone know what format Pro/Engineer can export to where both
during export in Pro/E as well as import in a common FOSS CAD software
not too much information/precision is lost?

Thanks,
Wolfgang