OpenMoko will be at SVHMPC meeting TONIGHT in Menlo Park

Michael Shiloh michael at
Wed Jan 16 23:00:49 CET 2008

Good question, Jeffrey, and you suggest a question that I'd like to ask
you, the community:

Why do you chose to develop on OpenMoko, rather than on Android? Or do
you do both?

(Beside the lack of Android hardware)

Jeffrey Thomas wrote:
> I am unable to attend this meeting due to geography,
but if anyone is in attendance I would be interested to hear the Google
people's response to
why they felt the need to start a competitive project rather than join
the OpenMoko team.
> Michael, as an official in the OpenMoko community, I wouldn't expect you to ask this,
but if someone else is in attendance, raise the question and report back
to us!