New to OpenMoko

Barry Steele barry at
Thu Jan 17 06:42:01 CET 2008

Hi Folks,
I've flashed the rootfs and a new kernel.

So then I got all excited and inserted my SIM into it and powered up.

Turns out I should have read some more.  My current phone (Nokia N80 -
can I run openmoko on that?), is a 3G phone and it seems that the neo
doesn't like it.

I then stole one of my teams SIM and it fired up fine.  I get a GSM
signal but cant make phone calls.

I am still finding my way around the phone.

I noticed that the icons disappeared from the home page, anyway I'm off
to investigate the machine.

One thing though

cu -l /dev/ttyACM0

Only gives errors at present
cu: open (/dev/ttyACM0): Permission denied
cu: /dev/ttyACM0: Line in use

My Linux systems skills obviously need honing.

Anyway, I'll head off and study now.

Stay well,