OpenMoko will be at SVHMPC meeting TONIGHT in Menlo Park

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:13:38 CET 2008

On 1/16/08, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Good question, Jeffrey, and you suggest a question that I'd like to ask
> you, the community:
>
> Why do you chose to develop on OpenMoko, rather than on Android? Or do
> you do both?
>
> (Beside the lack of Android hardware)
>
> Michael

I could butter it up but it comes down to this: OpenMoko is
disorganized but Google is Evil.

In particular, the Android license
<http://code.google.com/android/terms.html> does not sit well with me:
""" 9.3 Google may at any time, terminate this License Agreement with you if:
[...]
(C) the partner with whom Google offered certain parts of SDK (such as
APIs) to you has terminated its relationship with Google or ceased to
offer certain parts of the SDK to you; or

(D) Google decides to no longer providing the SDK or certain parts of
the SDK to users in the country in which you are resident or from
which you use the service, or the provision of the SDK or certain SDK
services to you by Google is, in Google's sole discretion, no longer
commercially viable. """

But that's just me
-Nick