What are pros and cons of the different devel environments: qtopia, android, openmoko

dwight at supercomputer.org dwight at supercomputer.org
Thu Jan 17 15:57:30 CET 2008

SVHMPC is more about encouraging and supporting people to do their
own thing, rather than one single platform. A support network for
different projects,  to exchange ideas,  share information, and
encourage innovation.

It's a heck of a lot of fun to sit around and talk with a bunch of
bright technical people who share similar interests.

So I'd say SVHMPC includes anyone who wants to show up and share what
they are doing. Trolltech, OpenMoko, or what have you.

As far as Trolltech goes, I don't think they gained much traction due
to the closed nature of parts of the hardware platform. But anyone
working with Qt is welcome to show off their work. And some are
working in that direction. But certainly not all.

In fact, there was an excellent presentation from OpenMoko last
night. Similar to what was given by Trolltech when they were showing
off their Greenphone last summer.

This was in addition to the OLPC discussion, as some of the people
were working on a communications project with OLPCs in Africa.

   -dwight-