OpenMoko FOSDEM2008

Juan Luis Prieto Martinez sirjuanlu at gsyc.escet.urjc.es
Fri Jan 18 10:35:22 CET 2008

Hi all,

First of all hi to everybody, because it is the fist post that I send,
althougth I have been joined in the list since 4 or 5 months ago.

In a few weeks ago some of you spoke about going to the FOSDEM 2008 like you
did last year (where I knew something about openmoko), but that thread seems
to be in standby, because anybody has sent anything else about it. You were
talking about going with a alpha or beta (sorry if it is not the correct
term) of the new GTA02 with wifi and the last version of the OS. How is this
going?

Also, you know that there every body is going to talk about the iphone and
other smartphones, don't you think that could be a good idea to make a
debate about this kind of devices and see how can we make the NEO1973 a
strong and atractive competitor in this market? For sure I think that this
initiative is one of the best in the last times because of all the people
that collaborate in FLOSS projects I know it because it is my current job.

So, tell me what do you think about this and if it is possible to prepare
it, I think that it could be very interesting.

Best regads

JuanLu