R: CAD files for the case of the Neo will be made available

Michele Manzato michele.manzato at verona.miz.it
Fri Jan 18 10:47:43 CET 2008

Having used it for some time, my impression is that Blender is a 3d modeler
which is very much focussed on rendering, while other aspects of 3d design
are weak (e.g. keeping control over measurement - no quotation lines).

The user interface is unconventional, it is based on a coordinated use of
keyboard + mouse takes some time to get used to - actually, I was never able
to master it properly.

If one wants to do serious CAM then one is better off with something else.
Or perhaps export from blender e.g. to autocad. But it is perfectly ok to
test conceptual designs.

Just my twopence.