OpenMoko on h5550 (was OpenMoko on hx4700)

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:05:15 CET 2008

Basically building for another handheld is just a matter of kernel+drivers.
OK not really but...

You should give a try!
Change your local.conf to h5500 and run the build!

There are some information here:
http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HpIpaqH5000

> On Jan 18, 2008 11:58 AM, Sébastien Lorquet <squalyl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I managed to build OpenMoko with MokoMakefile for hx4700 (make setup,
> change
> > machine to hx4700 in local.conf, make openmoko-devel-image, all went
> fine).
>
> If it it possible to build OM for hx4700, may it be also working on h5550?
> I know there is a config file in OE for h5550, so the same procedure should
> work on it, too. Several weeks ago, I tried the same on my iPaq, but I
> wasn't able to run OM. So, my question is:
> Can anyone confirm OpenMoko runs on h5550?
> Of course, there is a lot to be done for the Neo itself, but before buying
> one I'd really like to test OpenMoko using other ways than QEMU.
>
> Thanks alot
>     Fabian Off

Sébastien LORQUET - 이세영 (李世榮)
Ingénieur ENSPG 2006 / ENSIMAG-ASI 2007