CAD files for the case of the Neo will be made available

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Jan 19 01:26:55 CET 2008

Robin Paulson wrote:
> On 18/01/2008, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org> wrote:
>> I am preparing the right place to put the files. I have a question:
>>
>> "case schematics" is the wrong name. What is the right name? "CAD
>> Files"? "ID CAD Files"? "CAD Drawings"? Someone in the field help me out
>> here.
>
> they are CAD files yes, but the name needs to reflect their purpose
> and content, i.e. what they are CAD files of.
>
> i think 'case schematics' is fine, but i would say that, since i chose
> it (i'm a draughtsman by the way)
>
> maybe something from the following:
> what are they of? the case/body/housing
> what are they? drawings/models/schematics/layout/diagrams
>
> i'm sure whatever you choose will be fine

A zip archive of our CAD/case schematics/dimensional drawings files is
available. I can't tell for sure what's in them, because I don't have
access to ProE.

So I invite you all to help me organize this. It would be useful to
create images of what's in these files, both high res and low res. It
would be useful to have these files converted to other formats.

Then I can figure out how to document and announce this properly.

The archive is

	 http://downloads.openmoko.org/CAD/GTA01_dimensions.zip

Feedback is always welcome,
Michael