digital compass modules

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Wed Jan 23 13:14:49 CET 2008

Hi!

I was thinking about the same problem. But once I have seen a working
compass in a phone already (we have crossed thick woods following the
compass :-) - it was a friend's phone, I think a Nokia). So it is not
impossible to integrate into a phone.

In my opinion:

   1. The GSM is not radiating constantly when it is idle.
   2. You can switch the bluetooth off when wandering in woods.
   3. The loudspeaker's magnet must be avoided by placing the chip far
      from that

Perhaps the phone with compass was specially designed so that it
interferes the least possible with Earth's magnet sensor. But perhaps it
could be possible to integrate into the freerunner. I think it will
worth experimenting :-).

Conclusion is always the same: I am getting more impatient waiting for
my phone :-)