digital compass modules

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 23:22:41 CET 2008

On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Denis wrote:
> I think the accelerometers don't provide enough accuracy.

For INS you need both 3d axial as rotational accelerometers. For a quick check
how it works, check out the wikipedia.

One of the first big uses was Nautilus under the Polar ice cap. The combo
could work, if you have enough info, but two (or three) axial meters can not
do rotation. You could do it with 2 axial meters on each plane. The
difference between the two is the moment on the device. So with 6
accelerometers you might give it a shot. If they are accurate enough, you
might be able to remove the GPS "jitter".