Digital Compass & JavaFX

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at
Thu Jan 24 03:44:28 CET 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:45:43 -0800 (PST) Wallace Jackson
<mindtaffyllc at> babbled:

> A digital compass would be a nice feature for VIA
> (OpenMoko) to have in the phone as a hardware default.
> Is it inexpensive enough in quantity to include in the
> shipping release!? Also, I saw a NEO1973 on Sun's

not going to happen. we are at gta02a5 (5th version) and are making zero
changes - we want to make this work and release. we are only in the business
of making sure what we actually have works. adding more will add cost and a
lot more time to market. so basically- no. :)

> JavaFX announcement release on-line, behind the
> presenter (bigger than life!)... Does this mean that
> JavaFX is ready to rock for NEO application?

no idea at this stage.