digital compass modules
mikael.lammentausta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 07:33:36 CET 2008
The Nokia 5140 has a compass that works in the conventional method, by
reading the Earth's magnetic field vectors.
See the user guides, which are made with Flash... :o
Here is a page in Finnish with more information about the compass .. sorry,
couldn't find this in English.
A quick translation:
*Nokia 5140i -electronic compass technologies:
- 2D sensor with a GUI
- detects the horizontal x and y vectors of the Earth's magnetic field
- tilt indicator (air bubble)
- Driver & control interface detector (?) = magnetometer
- Test circuit = continuous magnetic field generator
- Compass with a needle + angle in degrees
- Direction on-screen arrow
- Direction may be set on a landmark and followed, and the
offset from North may be entered
- 1 degree precision
- tilt detection
2008/1/23, Schmidt András <asch at freemail.hu>:
> I was thinking about the same problem. But once I have seen a working
> compass in a phone already (we have crossed thick woods following the
> compass :-) - it was a friend's phone, I think a Nokia). So it is not
> impossible to integrate into a phone.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community