JavaFX

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Thu Jan 24 17:11:42 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 04:36:52PM +0800, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
>> QTopia). But it will probably NOT be easily miscible with the OpenMoko
>> software. It's a complete phone stack, like OpenMoko, like Android, like
>> QTopia.
> You can run QTopia on OpenMoko today.
> See
> http://qtopia.net/modules/devices/openmoko.php

Only by dual-booting or by using some virtualization layer, since
QTopia uses a totally different way of accessing the frame buffer
(does not use X11). You cannot have QTopia and OpenMoko apps running
at the same time on the same screen, period.

> > Once JavaFX, Android are available, we will work on getting
them into > OpenMoko as well.

Well, you can assume they will run on the GTA hardware, in the same sense
that QTopia does, but this is not the same as saying the run in the
OpenMoko software environment.

I don't think one can comment on either of these until we see whether
they use X or whether they use direct framebuffer. If they use X
then some of their apps *might* be miscible with OpenMoko.