Brief Community Update, January 24, 2008

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 24 18:19:48 CET 2008

A brief update:

1. Evaluation of GTA02A5 is taking place. There is some excellent
discussion on the kernel list, e.g.:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-January/000606.html
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-January/000538.html

I believe no hardware flaws have been found yet, but there is still much
to inspect.

As usual, we will not predict how long this will take, nor when we will
start shipping GTA02.

2. We've made available the CAD files for the GTA01 case. We're still
learning how best to deal with making available to FOSS users files
originally in ProE format. We now have available IGES and STEP formats
as well. I will continue to work on ways to make this available in a
useful fashion with as little loss of information as possible.

http://downloads.openmoko.org/CAD/

Sincerely,
Michael