France : Taxes for video and mp3 playing capacity

Fabian Olesen firewalkerx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:59:04 CET 2008

well, in denmark we pay a license to be able to watch the national tv, and
listen to national radio stations, but they did decide that it now had to be
a media license, because it was possible to listen to them online, and see
different programmes online, so now if you have a computer, but no tv, or, a
multimedia phone, you will have to pay what equals to 210 pounds a year.
talk about stupid laws.

Fabian

On Jan 25, 2008 12:43 AM, Richard Reichenbacher <richard5 at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> No direspect or anything but that's probably the dumbest tax I've ever
> heard of.
>

> On Jan 24, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Steven Le Roux <steven at le-roux.info> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 00:19:46 +0100, "Alexey Feldgendler" <
> alexey at feldgendler.ru
> > > wrote:

> >> Neo doesn't have keys dedicated to anything except turning it on
> >> and off.
> >> A touch screen is a versatile controller with areas assigned to
> >> different
> >> features at different times, with no part of it being dedicated to
> >> anything in particular. So it cannot be said that Neo has a control
> >> dedicated to audio playing.
> >>
> > They are discussing about conditions and taxe for less than these 3
> > cases (for example only mp3 playing hability)
> >
> > And the screentouch case is the same for iphone I think... and
> > iphone is clearly taxed for them.
> >

> >> --
> >> Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru>
> >> [ICQ: 115226275] http://feldgendler.livejournal.com