GPS/Cell phone patent issue

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 02:01:30 CET 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 7:47 PM, ian douglas <ian.douglas at iandouglas.com> wrote:
> hank williams wrote:
> > I don't think any phones are going to come with
> > navigation data built in.
>
> To my knowldge, the Samsung Blackjack 2 from AT&T includes maps from
> TeleNav. You have to pay an extra $10/month to use GPS with those maps
> of course, so I just use the Mobile Google Maps application which uses
> the GPS on the Blackjack 2 just fine.

Hmm... ok, so it "comes with it" but you cant use it without paying?
Thats kinda like not coming with isnt it?

In any case so you are, as I suggest most will, using Google Maps.
Which is indeed the point. The patent I am referring to relates to
this over-the-air maps scenario, which is, as far as I can tell, the
dominant scenario on cell phones.

Hank.