FM Tuner for RDS on the Neo ?

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Jan 30 14:07:26 CET 2008

Lionel Dricot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm very interested by the Neo1973 and I was thinking about doing some
> hardware/software hacking on it.
> I have several questions.
>
> 1) I want to develop an application linked to a FM tuner (with data,
> like RDS). Any idea on how I could add a FM tuner on a neo 1973 ?
> Maybe with USB ? Or a chip that I could buy separately ?

This is a usual question. Although you could configure the USB port in
host mode. It would be unpowered.
So there is no real good way to add external hardware.

How about a dedicated radio box with separate batteries and remote
control and sound via Bluetooth.
Bluetooth has a audio profile, and adding a simple control port sounds
not too impressive to me.

Regards
  Tilman