Gizmo for Skype-like functionality in Neo?

Colan Schwartz colan at
Wed Jan 30 17:47:44 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 06:13:17PM -0700, Jeremiah Flerchinger wrote:
> Has anyone who actually has hardware right now tried/had luck running a
> full featured VOIP application in OpenMoko?  I'd much rather see Gizmo than
> Skype, especially since it looks like it's integrated into GrandCentral
> ( and is based on open standards (and closed
> source).
> It also looks like Gizmo directly supports the Maemo on the Nokia N800
> (

Other options are and  They
both do SIP.  I know about Ekiga because it ships with Ubuntu, and it's
completely open source.  I don't know that much about OpenWengo.
Colan Schwartz
Internet Consultant  |  Openject Consulting  |